Position available with a successful suburban Cleveland CPA firm for a strong manager/supervisor level person. This person should have a minimum of five years of public accounting experience (six or seven years would be even better). Duties would primarily consist of the management of:
• audit engagements (probably about 65% of time). The qualified individual would function as the manager on most engagements, however there may be some where the individual functions as the in-charge. Specific responsibilities would include coordination with the engagement in-charge and partner, supervision and review of audit team work and financial statements, participation in the planning process, managing the engagement timeline, and providing on-site assistance when necessary.
• large accounting engagements (about 10% of time). This would include ensuring that the books are properly closed by the assigned team member and the financial statements are properly compiled.
• preparation/review of corporate tax returns (10%). This would include preparing or ensuring that a team member properly prepared all necessary business returns and that all Schedule M items have been properly identified and treated.
• review and billing of individual tax returns (10%). This would include ensuring that a team member properly prepared all necessary returns in a reasonable amount of time, explaining any significant issues to the client, and billing the return in accordance with standard Firm practices.
• special projects (5%) As the name implies when special projects (which could encompass a broad range of things) arise the individual would be responsible for handling them or reviewing them as assigned.
Also, included with each of the above is managing the client relationship, reviewing the deliverables with the client, and participating in meetings with the client.
Our Firm has been in practice for over 34 years and has grown steadily. We offer much more than the challenge and satisfaction of the responsibilities noted above. We want all of our people to have a good quality of life. We try to attain that by:
• fairly – some may even say generously – compensating our staff
• offering health insurance and retirement plans with significant Firm contributions
• offering financial incentives for new clients or new staff brought into the Firm
• limiting overtime – even during Busy Season
• requiring minimal travel
• giving every person a nice office with a window (this individual would have a larger than standard office)
• providing a nice Break Room for lunch, games, or other Firm activities
• hosting a number of Firm events
• paying for CPE along with all professional dues and license fees
• fostering a teamwork (“one for all and all for one”) type of environment within the office
• offering interesting and challenging assignments along with the opportunity to work with real entrepreneurs and business-owners in the northeast Ohio area.
Finally, this position in particular has a lot of upside to it for the right person – both financially and in terms of responsibility within the Firm. Advancement to the very top is not only a possibility it is a goal.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
• five to seven years of very recent public accounting experience – audit, tax, and general accounting
• good communication skills – both oral and written
• a strong work ethic and values belief
• a desire to learn and grow (as the saying goes “a fire in their belly”)
• a professional demeanor
• an attention to detail and quality
• a practical approach to attaining goals and meeting responsibilities
• the desire and ability to mentor the younger staff members
If you’ have these attributes and want to both advance your professional career and improve your quality of life, we are the place for you.
Join us and control your destiny.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org